Monday 3 June 2013

Citrus Leaves

Hi Everyone,
 
I made this for a Tag challenge, I hope you like it, I am really pleased with it.
 
I usually start my projects with at the very lease a vague idea of where I am going but this just evolved as I carried on until I got to the finished result
 
I started off with a Ranger No10 Black Tag, which I spritzed with white Dylusions, after that had dried I then blotted some Zig White Ink through the Offset Dots Inkables in small sections and again left it to dry.
After that I placed the offset dots Inkables mask right across the middle of the tag and spritz again with white linen Dylusions.
Whilst it was drying I stamped the Maple Outline stamps onto some citrus green card using black soot distress ink and then cut them out. I rolled them in my hand with an embossing tool to give them shape, highlighted with the zig white opaque ink and left to dry.
I spritzed 3 Chipsters rinchies with Lime Dylusions left to dry (you could use a heat gun) went round the edge with the Black Soot direct from the pad.
I stamped on them using the small maple outline and again highlighted with the zig white ink.
I stamped the Decision to Try (Lg) onto white card and cut out the individual words before my assembly.
I layered the tag onto lime card and then black before sticking on all the elements.
 
I really love the zing of the citrus green against the black and although I was tempted initially to go pink I'm really glad I went the other way :)
 
x x Bev x x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, and I love the colours. It was great watching the finished tag emerge, as you went through the process of making it, Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag Bev. Love the colour and all the different elements to make it so dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - love the background and the lime green really makes it all pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Citrusy... if that is even a word, love it...x

    ReplyDelete