Saturday 19 January 2013

Art Journal Page: Dots

Hi All,

Inspired by my mum's resurrection of her blog I thought I'd do mine too, it will hopefully encourage me to make at least one thing per week and anymore is a bonus. I tend to get very caught up in designing new ranges and I forget to actually sit down and enjoy some crafting which at the end of the day it what it's all supposed to be about.

So today I have been getting inky with my journal


I have created the background using Dusty Concord and Worn Lipstick Distress Stains by Tim Holtz, I have used a water spritzer and the Bee Crafty Inkables to make the dots and damask, but the damask didn't bleach out very well, so although I only highlighted a few dots with a white pen I outlined most of the damask and doodle filled some of it in.

I added some fauzx stitching around the edge just because I love doing it and I think it looks noce to give it and edge :)

The quote is from Steve Jobs and says
“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.

This approach has worked well for me in the past and has made the difference in my life.”

Bev x





1 comment:

  1. I love this. I was wondering how you got the white! I started a blog to motivate myself as well- I don't post as often as I'd like- but it has been the best creative decision I have ever made. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete